Fava Croquettes with Lemon Flavored Yogurt Sauce by Chef Andreas Georgopoulos
For the fava croquettes:
1 onion dry
1 clove of garlic
3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
2 laurel leaves
1 teaspoon cumin
1 cube of vegetable stock
50g spring onion
Zest of one lemon
Juice of one lemon
70g all-purpose flour
Sunflower oil for frying
For the sauce:
3 tablespoons strained yogurt
2 tablespoons mayonnaise
1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
Zest of half a lemon
Juice of half a lemon
In a bowl, add hot water and the fava, stir it for 2-3 minutes and strain.
In a saucepan, add 3 tablespoons olive oil and add the onion, the carrot and the garlic, after cutting them into large pieces.
As soon as they are sizzled, add the fava. Continue sautéing for 2 minutes and add the water, the bay leaves, the pepper, the cumin and vegetable broth and boil for 15 to 20 minutes (if necessary, add a small amount of water).
Once ready, put it to a blender and add salt, zest and lemon juice.
Mix until they get a smooth texture. Put the mixture in a bowl and add the spring onion, flour and breadcrumbs and mix lightly.
Shape the croquettes into balls, about 30g each and fry over medium to high heat, without stirring, for 2 minutes until golden coloured.
For the sauce, place all the ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
Serve with some spring onion.
Products that you can use from our shop: Fava Of Feneos 'Dikotylon' or Santorini Fava P.D.O. 'Santo Wines', Organic Sweet Bay 'Aroma Farms', Mountain Extra Virgin Olive Oil 'Cretanthos'
In Same Category
- Cereal Bars with Peanut Butter and Whole Grain Tahini by Chef Andreas Georgopoulos
- Grilled Red Mullets with Black-Eyed Peas Puree and Parsley Flavored Oil by Chef Andreas Georgopoulos
- Homemade Burger with Beef Burger and Black Garlic Ketchup by Chef Andreas Georgopoulos
- Grilled Squid with Colorful Couscous and Black Garlic Sauce by Chef Andreas Georgopoulos
- Petoura with Feta Cheese Sauce, Cherry Tomatoes and Baby Spinach by Chef Andreas Georgopoulos
Related by Tags
Leave your comment
* Required field