Fava with Cherry Tomatoes Sauté by Chef Andreas Georgopoulos
1 dry onion
1 clove of garlic
3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
2 bay leaves
1 teaspoon cumin
1 cube vegetable broth
Zest of one lemon
Juice of one lemon
In a bowl, add hot water and add the fava, stir 2-3 minutes and strain.
In a saucepan, add 3 tablespoons olive oil and add the onion, carrot and garlic, after cutting them into large pieces.
As soon as they're sizzling, add the fava. Continue sautéing for 2 minutes and add the water, bay leaf, pepper, cumin and vegetable broth and boil for 15 to 20 minutes and if necessary, supplement with a little water.
When the fava is ready, put it in a blender and add salt, lemon zest and juice. Mix well until they are homogenized.
In a frying pan over medium heat, add the cherry tomatoes, season with salt and pepper and sauté for 4 to 5 minutes and they are ready to serve on top of the fava.
Products you can use from our shop: Fava Feneou P.G.I. 'Dikotylon', Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil 'Cretanthos'
In Same Category
- Green Salad with KRIOS Tahini, Yogurt and Beetroot
- Kantaifi Nests and Cream with Mushroom Spoon Sweet with Roasted Almond Terra Fyllida
- Linguine with Red Hot Pepper, Yellow Pleurotus Mushrooms and Chorizo by Chef Andreas Georgopoulos
- Sfakiani pita (Pie from Sfakia-Crete) with Thyme Honey and Black Garlic Caviar by Chef Andreas Georgopoulos
- Cereal Bars with Peanut Butter and Whole Grain Tahini by Chef Andreas Georgopoulos
Related by Tags
Leave your comment
* Required field