Jelly Roll Stuffed with Wild Chestnut Jam, Caramelized Hazelnuts and Cranberries by Chef Andreas Georgopoulos
For sponge cake:
40g Sunflower Oil
75g caster sugar
100g all-purpose flour
1 Sachet of baking powder
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
1 Pinch of salt
Grated zest of an orange
1 jar of wild chestnut jam
For sponge cake
Preheat the oven to 170 degrees. In a mixer's bowl, add the eggs, sunflower oil, milk, and mix until it gets fluffy.
Add the orange zest, vanilla, baking powder, caster sugar, salt and flour.
In a baking pan (30x40cm), place a parchment paper that is smeared with fresh butter and add the mixture so that it spreads evenly.
Bake at 170 degrees for 10-15 minutes and when ready, roll with the parchment paper and let it cool for 10 minutes.
Open and fill with the wild chestnut Jam.
In a non-stick frying pan, add the sugar to medium to high heat. Once caramelized, add the hazelnuts.
Serve the roll with the caramelized hazelnuts, cranberries and sprinkle with caster sugar.
Products you can use from our shop: Wild Chestnut Jam Marmeliza
In Same Category
- Feta Cheese with Seed Crust and Tomato Chutney By Chef Andreas Georgopoulos
- Mushroom Risotto with White Truffle Olive Oil by Chef Andreas Georgopoulos
- Muffins Stuffed with Strawberry and Chocolate Jam by Chef Andreas Georgopoulos
- Pork Shank with Βlack Βeer Sauce and Jacket Potatoes by Chef Andreas Georgopoulos
- Pork Tenderloin with Fig sauce and crispy Bacon by Chef Andreas Georgopoulos
Related by Tags
Leave your comment
* Required field