Jelly Roll Stuffed with Wild Chestnut Jam, Caramelized Hazelnuts and Cranberries by Chef Andreas Georgopoulos
For sponge cake:
40g Sunflower Oil
75g caster sugar
100g all-purpose flour
1 Sachet of baking powder
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
1 Pinch of salt
Grated zest of an orange
1 jar of wild chestnut jam
For sponge cake
Preheat the oven to 170 degrees. In a mixer's bowl, add the eggs, sunflower oil, milk, and mix until it gets fluffy.
Add the orange zest, vanilla, baking powder, caster sugar, salt and flour.
In a baking pan (30x40cm), place a parchment paper that is smeared with fresh butter and add the mixture so that it spreads evenly.
Bake at 170 degrees for 10-15 minutes and when ready, roll with the parchment paper and let it cool for 10 minutes.
Open and fill with the wild chestnut Jam.
In a non-stick frying pan, add the sugar to medium to high heat. Once caramelized, add the hazelnuts.
Serve the roll with the caramelized hazelnuts, cranberries and sprinkle with caster sugar.
Products you can use from our shop: Wild Chestnut Jam Marmeliza
In Same Category
- Kantaifi Nests and Cream with Mushroom Spoon Sweet with Roasted Almond Terra Fyllida
- Fava with Cherry Tomatoes Sauté by Chef Andreas Georgopoulos
- Linguine with Red Hot Pepper, Yellow Pleurotus Mushrooms and Chorizo by Chef Andreas Georgopoulos
- Sfakiani pita (Pie from Sfakia-Crete) with Thyme Honey and Black Garlic Caviar by Chef Andreas Georgopoulos
- Cereal Bars with Peanut Butter and Whole Grain Tahini by Chef Andreas Georgopoulos
Related by Tags
Leave your comment
* Required field